Monday, January 04, 2010

Way to show FLV into you web pages

If you want to show SWF/FLV files onto you pages I would propose to use swfobject.js library. It's free and open. Here is a link to their site.

Here is an example of code how to do this


Let me do some comments for new people.

1) First of all I have to say that I used 1.5 version of swfobject instead of last one swfobject2.2. I'm planning to update it to 2.2 very soon. So please use 2.2 instead of 1.5, but anywhere approach is very similar.

- as you see DIV with ID FLV is used to be replaced with code that swfobject will generate to show SWF/FLV video.
- preview.swf is a player use want to use to show FLV video.
- your.flv is a FLV file you want to show.

5 comments :

Albert Buendia said...

Hi Dimytro, thanks for sharing this tip. Very useful,

Albert

Paulo Tennis said...

Hi, I like very much your blog. Keep going!!

Dominik said...

Hi,
do you have experience or tips to embedd also a flv into the "Domino 8.5 Blog" ?
Im very confused about the file locations and the code changes i have to do for playing a movie directly on the blog page.

regards
Dominik

Dmytro said...

that's not difficult, I will try to do demo database for you during weekend, if you not find solution till that time,

let me know you email (I will send then)

Dominik said...

Hi Dmytro,
it's on the way be email !
Thanks in advance

Dominik