Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Folder with shared actions to DXL

I try to explain my task and a problem.
I must export ($Inbox) folder from my mail database to DXL file, then do modification in this DXL file (add action) and then I must import it into another database. But as you know folder ($Inbox) has shared action. So when I export folder to DXL file I see that the content of file contains next text



and of course, when I try to import DXL file as folder it generate bad folder. You can try it and you will see what I mean.
I have only 1 good idea, how to export folder with no . I must copy it to another database and resave it. Then all shared actions will change their type to non shared actions and my task will be solved. Unfortunaly I cant do it :(.

Maybe anybody can help me ?

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi Dmytro

Try Teamstudio's Design Manager. Elements can be dragged from one database to another, with dependencies, and including actions. Actions can be shared & unshared equally easily.

Cheers

Grant Norman
Technical Consultant - Product Division
Teamstudio

Andriy Kuba said...

Teamstudio is cool :) But it need money.

Anonymous said...

Aha, a believer ;)

It is true, they are not freeware, but time is money, and the time saved usually means 100% ROI in months, weeks, even days in some cases.

Sorry for turning this into an ad, just trying to help.

Dmytro said...

To tell the true I used "team studio" in my previous organization. I know that it really cool tools. Mostly I like Configurator, it's really cool thing.

Andriy Kuba said...

:)

it's true for customers, but not for developers.

Teamstudio is money for Teamstudio team :) - not for me.

Customers does not want pay for Teamstudio and for me.

Anonymous said...

by the way, does anybody has a manual for all tools of teamstudio ? I want read about all tools.