Friday, December 04, 2009

I'm looking for testing tools for LN. Does anybody know couple?

I'm interested in test tools that can automate testing of LN application.
Just found new one that I've never seen before. What do you think about it? Does anybody has experience with this tool? If somebody could share some experience about it would be great.

here is link to their product, there is also flash demo there.
http://smart-toucan.com/

Please advice if somebody has good approach for testing in LN.

p.s.
that's is not an advertisement. I just want to find at least 1 tool that can help us to do automate testing for LN application.

4 comments :

Kevin Pettitt said...

Well, I would first recommend googling some obvious phrase like, say, Lotus Notes automated testing which would show in the number one result a blog entry I wrote 3 years ago asking exactly the same question. :-)

That exercise revealed to me the existence of a company called Original Software, which even today hasn't figured out how to appear in Google where it ought to. Nor has it made it easy to find relevant information on their site once you find that. In any case, it appears the product to look at is called TestDrive and can be found at http://www.origsoft.com/products/testdrive/

I have no idea if it's any good, so would be interested in any experiences you may have with it.

Unknown said...

I tested (!) the Original Software product many moons ago.

It KINDA worked as advertised, and I gave them some extensive feedback on how it would be more useful for me.

With the UI focus moving to the web, I've become much more interested in software like Selenium. I haven't followed up to see if Original made signifiant changes.

I'd be interested to know.

Stephan H. Wissel said...

There is AUTO-USER from Smart-Touchan. Their product works up to R851.

simi said...

First of all. Thanks very much for your useful post.

I just came across your blog and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here.

Please let me introduce you some info related to this post and I hope that it is useful for software testing community.

There is a good Software Testing resource site, Have alook

http://SoftwareTestingNet.com

simi