Insufficient memory - NSF pool is full
What 'Insufficient memory - NSF pool is full' is about?As far as I understood it is memory leak on IBM Domino server. There are different kind of issues similar to this one:
- Insufficient memory - NSF pool is full
- Insufficient memory - index pool is full
- Insufficient memory - NSF directory manager pool is full
- Insufficient memory - Event pool is full
- Insufficient memory - NSF Monitor pool is full
- Insufficient memory - Network pool is full
Fixing the issue
Of course it require investigation why it happened but as a temporary fix you can simple increase memory while you are looking into the problem (if you do so :)). The variable name responsible for this pool is NSF_Buffer_Pool_Size (number of bytes) or alternatively you can use NSF_Buffer_Pool_Size_MB (number of megabytes). I'm not going to explain details about this variable, since you can find everything on IBM, just open this link: NSF_Buffer_Pool_Size
Adding or changing NSF_Buffer_Pool_Size_MB in notes.ini
I didn't find a default size for NSF_Buffer_Pool_Size (One article mentioned 32MB as a default value, however I could not really confirm that with IBM documentations). Anyway, for I set 64MB and from now I will keep my eyes open on this problem.Let's change notes.ini using a Configuration Settings document
- First, open IBM Domino Administrator and find a Configuration tab there.
- Find Configuration settings now (in R9, it's nuder Server\Configurations), if it is not there, you may need to create it first.
- Highlight right server and and click button Edit Configuration and switch to NOTES.INI Settings tab.
- There must be a button: Set/Modify Parameters at the bottom, click on it and add/change your variable.
- Save configuration and Restart Server.