Saturday, September 20, 2008

Platform Stats: Unable to obtain performance data. Please check Microsoft MSDN on how to enable performance data collection


I had this alarm on my home server (OS - XP, Domino 6.5.1IF1) where I made some testing. If somebody has the same thing then here you will find why it is so and how to disable this alarm.

why is it?
because you are running Domino on an unsupported OS (as clearly stated in the Platform requirements in the documentation/release notes).

XP is not supported, and there are known issues with it.
Supported Windows-based OSes for the Server are NT, 2000 and 2003. Not XP.

How to disable this alarm / notification?
Put this line in notes.ini platform_statistics_disabled=1 on Lotus Domino server.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I get the same errors in every win server *until* I've added the registry keys: run the notesreg.bat (with the proper arguments...) and it should work.